Following Hubspot, let’s summarize top digital marketing trends 2022-Q1’23 with the focus on social media marketing, influencer marketing (#1 emerging trend), short-form video content, investments into Twitter Spaces (TS), and mobile marketing strategy.
Key points to consider:
- The top source of website traffic is direct — showing the importance of brand awareness.
- New/emerging platforms – TS, YouTube Shorts, Instagram Live Rooms, Facebook Live Shopping, and Spotify Green Room
- Top marketing channels – social media, website/blog, email marketing, content marketing, influencer marketing, SEO marketing, and virtual events.
- Website Device Traffic Breakdown – mobile 41%, desktop 38%, and tablet 19%.
- Top Website Traffic Sources. Source: Hubspot.
- Content marketing: videos, blogs, images, infographics, and case studies.
- Social media platforms. Source: Hubspot.
- Email marketing: B2C brands are more likely to find email marketing to be impactful. Top 10 email clients overall (Source: Litmus May 2022 Email Client Market Share)
- Digital Advertising Trends – Which channel has the best ROI on paid social media campaigns. Source: Hubspot.
- Marketers Are Ramping Up Their Video Efforts in 2023
The most common video marketing goals brands hope to achieve this year are: driving brand awareness, educating consumers about their products, increasing customer engagement, and generating leads. This indicates that brands are seeing
video impact at every stage of their customers’ journey.
- Influencer marketing is changing rapidly, even since 2021. This year, marketers are increasing influencer marketing efforts on Facebook, Instagram, TikTok, and YouTube, and decreasing investment on Snapchat and Twitch. Marketers are facing challenges measuring ROI of campaigns, balancing the cost of working with influencers, developing a creative strategy for campaigns, and maintaining brand safety.
- Which types of influencers are marketers working with? Source: Hubspot.
Influencer Marketing Spend by Influencer Audience Size. Source: Hubspot.
- B2B (52%) and B2C (48%) Marketing Trends
B2B and B2C brands are both finding success on TikTok.
B2B brands are more likely to use LinkedIn and find it effective, but B2C brands are more likely to feel that billboards and physical ads are more successful.
B2C marketers are more likely to expect their marketing budget to increase in 2023.
What’s working for B2B brands vs. What’s working for B2C brands. Source: Hubspot.
- The Road Ahead – 6 Marketing Trends
- More B2B brands on TikTok
2. Rising B2C investment in SEO, content marketing, and podcasting
3. AI and machine learning in marketing
4. Automation and growing investment in marketing and revenue operations
5. The short-form video boom will continue, and lead to more short-form video ads
6. Influencer marketing will grow and evolve, with continued growth in the creator economy.
Bottom Line: The future of marketing is bright, and powered by creatives.
The ABC Guide to WordPress SEO/SEM
The 5-Step Tech Blogging Roadmap
10 AI-Powered Websites for Content Writers
How to Build a MarTech Stack from Scratch
Featured Photo by Negative Space on Pexels
Make a one-time donation
Make a monthly donation
Make a yearly donation
Choose an amount
Or enter a custom amount
Your contribution is appreciated.
Your contribution is appreciated.
Your contribution is appreciated.DonateDonate monthlyDonate yearly